Monday, May 6, 2013

My Grandma's French Chocolate Pie

Every single time I visited my Grandma Randall this pie was waiting for me in her refrigerator. 
She called it "Your Special Pie"!
And it is indeed, a special pie, known to most people as a French Chocolate Pie. 
It is fairly easy to make and absolutely delicious!
I hope it becomes "Your special pie" as well!



Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup butter (softened)
  • 3/4 cup of sugar
  • 2 squares of unsweetened chocolate
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 large container of cool whip (3 cups)
  • 1 graham cracker crust
  • pecans, finely chopped


 Directions:
  • Melt the squares of unsweetened chocolate in a heat proof container in the microwave (microwave a few seconds at a time until melted). Set aside to cool.
  • Cream the butter and sugar together
  • Stir in the cooled chocolate
  • Add eggs, one at a time, beating 5 minutes after each addition at high speed
  • Fold in thawed cool whip
  • Pour into graham cracker crust and sprinkle with finely chopped pecans over the top
  • Chill until firm about two hours


 For more information about Baking with Melissa check out: www.bakingwithmelissa.com

THE BEST CHOCOLATE PIE I HAVE EVER HAD!!!!!

You may also like my Grandma's recipe for Rocky Road Candy
or my highest pinned recipe on PINTEREST my famous Mississippi Mud Cake
 

2 comments:

  1. If you love it, it's got to be good! Just wondering, though, is there any risk in eating the eggs in the recipe as is (uncooked)? Thanks for the great recipes and updates on FB! :)

    -Yazminh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Yazminh! Thanks for leaving a comment! Well, this is a yes and no answer! I have often heard about the whole EGG risk, but honestly, I have eaten this pie my entire life and so have my other family members and none of us have ever gotten sick. That and all of the times I have eaten raw brownie and cookie dough batter....mmmmmm. I think the industry put that warning out there to keep us "safe", but I am not 100% convinced it is true. Thanks again for posting!!!

      Delete